Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our company bought new HP DesignJet T730 and connected it to network with cable. All computers automatically found and installed printer.

We print only custom size drawings from AutoCAD Civil 3D, we use 2018 and 2019 Civil 3D versions.

I have made video how I have made custom size and in video can be seen problems with it. Main problem I could not select right paper size, because it would jump on other size.

On other computers I get error message and can't even select printer.

I have tried to uninstall default drivers and install HP_DesignJet_and_PageWide_XL_Installer, but it have the same problems.

Before we have used HP Designjet 500 printer and it worked for many years, but it broke and we bought new HP DesignJet T730 printer.

P.S. if I am able to setup custom paper size and try to print. drawing will have bigger top margin and bottom drawing will not be printed (about 3-5 mm).

P.S.S.

I have tried to create printer forms in printer server properties window. And tried to select them in AutoCAD page setup window. Some was able to select, but others was not of custom size, but A4 size.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Could not make to work connected with Gigabit Ethernet cable, so change connection to USB cable and now it works. It means problem are with integrated web server in printer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Could not find any useful information in user guide.

Now I checked default printer paper sizes and found here are problems too.

If I select printer and select A4, A3 and A2 paper sizes paper have right size, but if I select A1 and A0 paper sizes images shows only A4 size.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded HP Click and added printer to it and I get warning on printer, but no more information about warning.

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Could not fix problem, so I have decided to reinstall windows 10. Clean installed windows 10, updated windows 10, installed HP DesignJet T730 printer drivers from HP web page, installed AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019 from Autodesk web page.

Have tried to setup layout page setup of old dwg files. I have created new printer setup file and page setup. Used the same printer setup file for other dwg files, worked for 2 dwg files on third file stopped working. All can be seen on this video.

HP Recommended

Could not make to work connected with Gigabit Ethernet cable, so change connection to USB cable and now it works. It means problem are with integrated web server in printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.