cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
9 4 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Color off - midtones are megenta, I can't seem to get it corrected

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, first I want to thank the forum for support it has provided.. Much appriciated. 

My prints' midetones are biased to magenta. At one point I seemed to have this solved, but as you know, things vary from image to image.  I have tried various settings. When it seemed to work I was using the ICC color management option, then select None(native), for both rgb and cmyk. This is from the printer's webserve, submit job utility BTW..  I have the profile embeded as CMYK HP Premium inastant dry glossy. I have tried through PS, HPGL2 application managed color, The results are exactly the same.  My monitor is a wide gamut & calibrated.

I have posted the image for reference.  IN the image everywhere the blueish color is, it prints magenta.  BTW the images are my art work, so pls do not share, thanks. link: https://edhurddesigncreative.com/4up.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 7
880 818 37 83
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a customer/painter & he always sent me CMYK format abstract painting images with all kind of crazy colors.

At the beginning I convert to RGB & print out always not perfect.

Last 2 times I printed the same type CMYK image & I used the Photoshop default CMYK icc profile ( way down the long

icc profiles ) & print out were perfect & he was delighted.

Try it & see how yours come out.

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
9 4 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
jasonmiamifl.  Thanks!  You nailed it! 
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation