Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, first I want to thank the forum for support it has provided.. Much appriciated. 

My prints' midetones are biased to magenta. At one point I seemed to have this solved, but as you know, things vary from image to image.  I have tried various settings. When it seemed to work I was using the ICC color management option, then select None(native), for both rgb and cmyk. This is from the printer's webserve, submit job utility BTW..  I have the profile embeded as CMYK HP Premium inastant dry glossy. I have tried through PS, HPGL2 application managed color, The results are exactly the same.  My monitor is a wide gamut & calibrated.

I have posted the image for reference.  IN the image everywhere the blueish color is, it prints magenta.  BTW the images are my art work, so pls do not share, thanks. link: https://edhurddesigncreative.com/4up.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
jasonmiamifl.  Thanks!  You nailed it! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have a customer/painter & he always sent me CMYK format abstract painting images with all kind of crazy colors.

At the beginning I convert to RGB & print out always not perfect.

Last 2 times I printed the same type CMYK image & I used the Photoshop default CMYK icc profile ( way down the long

icc profiles ) & print out were perfect & he was delighted.

Try it & see how yours come out.

HP Recommended
jasonmiamifl.  Thanks!  You nailed it! 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.