Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T920
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. We have a T920 with a printhead problem. The machine ask to reseat the PH. But when we insert the PH the printer displays error 02.1:10. We restarted the printer, unplug the power, even started without PH. Nothing changed.

So I have tried with a new PH but the problem persist. sometimes the printer don't show the error code and only ask to reseat the PH. After that, error 02.1:10 come back.

I've entered support menu, and started carriage test. The same error appear. The strange thing is that if i leave the printer in support menu for some minutes without doing nothing, error 79:04 show up.

The service manual suggest to replace carriage PCA wich i didn't do yet.

Is any other thing to try before? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi, did you check the firmware ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

is it the same issue without PH installed? can you check the trailing cable carriage PCA Side?

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you.

I've checked the firmware and rewrited it winth a USB pen drive. Ver. MRY_06_00_06.1.fmw

Without PH installed, after startup, the printer ask for the PH. When I insert PH, printer ask to reseat and after a cuple times, error 02.1:10 pops up. Same thing with a new PH.

I have ordered a new Carriage PCA accordingly with the service manual. I'll keep you updated.

HP Recommended

Hello. 

The carriage PCA is arrived. I've replaced it and the plotter returned to life. It was definitely the carriage PCA.

Thank you all for the support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.