Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DesignJet 1055cm PLUS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having trouble installing the drivers for this.

Through googling, people said that you would just use the Vista drivers instead of Win 7 (which we are on).

We are connecting it to the PC with an IEE 1284 Parallel to USB cable.  First, we tried to install it with the Vista drivers manually through directory.  At first, it kept "failing install" and would show up under printers as a generic "IEE" device.

My brother was able to get it to show up under Printers as "DesignJet 1055CM" by installing it under a "Printer Port" instead of "USB port" - however it would not print anything and doesn't seem to be getting a connection.

Any advice on this?  Is it a problem with my adapter?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since your using a parallel to usb adapter I would go into the properties of the printer and change the port one by one for each usb port listed to see if one of them work. To access the properties just go to devices and printers and right click on the printer icon and scroll down to the FIRST properties and left click. Then hit ports at the top and try each usb port listed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.