Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

On a DJ 5000, customer (sold the plotter to him a week ago) has been using a #83 light cyan printhead for a week. Now says he gets "CHANGE printhead 2516" error (it may more accurately state "replace 2516" but not sure). Prior to use, the printhead had been sitting 2 years unsealed however with the tape over the nozzles and only had 17ml fired from it. I installed it and was surprised to see that it seemed to work fine, and has for about 1 1/2 weeks. I did notice that it weighed about 2-3 grams less than the other printheads (about 35.2 gm whereas others weigh about 37.5-38+ gm or so, but it seemed to work fine. I purged the tubes before I installed any printheads. All the others were new.

I am aware that reseating and then possibly contact cleaning may be in order, but am wondering if I am missing any other possibilities that may be obvious to others.

Thanks.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you clean the printhead and still does not fire ink, you might have to replace it.

Other cases I have seen Defective ink cartridges or tubes not supplying ink to that printhead causing that problem. I hope this is not the case.

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you clean the printhead and still does not fire ink, you might have to replace it.

Other cases I have seen Defective ink cartridges or tubes not supplying ink to that printhead causing that problem. I hope this is not the case.

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

The message is probably 1516 which is out of warranty and there is a short.

HP Recommended

A late update. Was just a bad printhead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.