Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T520 24"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey. After turning on my plotter displays a blue screen error 805DF831. I turn it off a few times. I am leaving for a day off. But the problem persists. Please, help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The main pca board and in particular the usb thumb drive that contains the operating system has gone bad. Finding that drive is hard plus it is not always the drive causing the issue so the best method is to replace the complete main pca board from hp which comes with the usb drive attached.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

The main pca board and in particular the usb thumb drive that contains the operating system has gone bad. Finding that drive is hard plus it is not always the drive causing the issue so the best method is to replace the complete main pca board from hp which comes with the usb drive attached.

HP Recommended

Hello

It is firmware error 

You need to replace HP Designjet Encrypted CHIP

$_1.JPG

Yiu can find it here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Designjet-T520-Blue-Screen-Error-Solution-Encrypted-chip/282249748623

HP Recommended

i have a hp T520 Printer, it's still new but now when i open it a ble screen B87E37B6 appair

i learn about the encrepted chip but i would like to ask if i replace only the encepted chip it repir the most prolem or i had to replace the PCA bord 

HP Recommended

hi i woud lik to ask if any have resolve the problem of the blue screen please help me

HP Recommended

The person posting with the chip is probably the one selling it. It is not what he says. It is a usb thumb drive that has the operating system on it. The blue screen most times will be the fault of the drive, but sometimes it is not and the cost of a replacement pca board in the US is not much more than just the drive and if from hp will have a warranty. I would suggest you get the main pca to prevent spending a lot of money where it may or may not work where the pca board will work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Isolate the printer, remove ink cartridge, printhead and paper

Try another power cable and power outlet

If the issue persist use the CQ890-67105 USB New Module with F/W SV 

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=E1AD3E9E1F58403DA3412CF475D95B16&SearchIn=P...

Good news, that's a lot cheaper than the Main PCA Smiley Happy

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Most times the issue is a bad firmware usb thumb drive mounted on the main board. They are available from hp parts for 25.00 which is the way I would first go since it is a lot cheaper then the main board which comes with the same drive.  The part number is CQ890-67105.

Just go to the link below and put the part number in to order.

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=

Do a google search for the service manual and you have to remove the main pca board and on the back side is where the drive is mounted. If the drive does not work, then the complete main pca will have to be replaced as new pca's come with the drive all ready installed.

HP Recommended

This part looks different than the installed part in my plotter.   It looks like a usb drive but it does not have the chip board-like thing attached to it.  Is it your understanding that the new part is modified and looks different.  the part I received from HP (of that same part number) will plug in, it just looks different

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.