Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I just got off the phone with HP parts and the part number (CQ890-67105) listed above is not correct for the HP T500 24" Designjet.  They would not give me a part number for this so I ended up ordering the whole mother board (somewhat desperate at this point).   I think just ordering the whole motherboard is what some posts above were suggesting anyway.

The HP parts guy did not know what I was texting about when I typed regarding the "PCA" (as opposed to mother board) as stated in above posts (not all of us desperately seeking tech help are totally tech savy so slang or hip lingo can add a level of misunderstanding) 

The Number on the USB-like part pictured by donataNOO is actually the part nuber for the mother board which I learned from the parts guy.  The chip with the number on it is attached to the USB-like plug in piece.  It does come off together with the USB thing, and it must have its own part number, but HP was not giving any help.  They suggested contacting "HP support" first which for me, without warauntee in place, is hopeless. 

More likely to shoot myself than get any help.  I have been trying for days.

The on line service manual was great for getting me to the motherboard.  Thanks  good luck to all.  My machine is barely 3 years old in small office.  Hope yours fares better!  hope the motherboard works for me.

HP Recommended

I have a feeling the parts people do not know what they are talking about. Since you have ordered a whole board that contains the drive, I would remove the usb that is alreasy on the board which is secured by a screw which the part you got does not have the hole. I would then put the part you got which is the firmware usb as others have ordered it and it has worked so I would plug in the usb and remount the board and see what happens. If it works, then you can return the more expensive part back to hp saying the original part you got was correct and you were told to order this by mistake. If it does not work, then nothing to lose since you have another one coming.  I did a search on parts sufer and the part is listed for your printer. I have attached the screen shot.

HP Recommended

Thanks davidzuts,

The part listed/seen on the screen shot is exactly what I ordered and received.  It is not the correct part.  It looks like a thumb drive and would probably attach to the same spot, but it does not have the integrated (soldered on) mini chip board (with the screw hole etc.) like the original.  So less than half the length.  That's why I called the parts people.  Kind of sounds like a data entry error in the parts catalog.  Think they will retify? 😉

Admittedly though, they definitly don't seem to be really up on all this stuff at the parts department.  It was arduous and slow experience, and it was like I was communicating with someone who didn't know what I was trying to do, and knew less than I did.  But hopefully I am on the road to being able to plot again soon. Will post again if troubles.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You are humg up on the part having to look exactly like the one in the printer. USB drives come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Your drive probably has a board inside the plastic housing which you can not see. Also the screw and hole on the old one was to secure it in place, however, your new drive will probably fit into the port and will stay in place just as usb drives say in place on your computer. As I said before, try fitting the drive into the usb port in which the old one is removed. If it fits which I am sure it will put everything back together and power on and I am sure your printer will boot up just fine. As I said before even if it does not work you have a new board coming with the drive already mounted so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by try it. Keep in mind many people have purchased this item and no one has posted on the board that it did not work.

HP Recommended

You are right it was bothering me the two parts were very different.  Since it is so quick and fairly easy I put in the new part which fit in nice and snug (To try it  I think was a wise and efficient way to proceed).  I was pleased that it did not blow up or start smoking, but it came up immediately with error messages.  After restarting a few times I think I can conclude that it is either a wrong part or that it is something else on the mother board.  On its way though.  Hopefully will have the new one tomorrow

BTW they credited me fully including shipping on the part they said was not for my machine (Part Number - CQ890-67105),  and told me to dispose of it.

HP Recommended

Now when you put it inside FBI will see that you are printing money at home 

HP Recommended

Just wondering if the errors were the same type of blue screen or something else like numerical numbers with a colon. If the latter it could be that you missed one or more connections. If any errors other thant the Bxxxxxxx error report it back here so we can see if you missed something.

David

HP Recommended

I used this part from Ebay and it worked

it is called encrypted chip

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282991877071

Original-New-Solve-Blue-Screen-Error-Solution-Encrypted-chip-CQ890-67097-CQ891-67097-For-HP-Designjet.jpg_640x640.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282991877071

HP Recommended

Hi,

Old thread, I'm having a problem and need to replace the usb drive. If I order CQ890-67105, will I get the latest version of the firmware? Thanks.

Regards-Michael G.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.