Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Would anyone think that the issue could be the cable that plugs into the drive on the formatter could be the issue? It's a part that could fail and it seems that they can be purchased for under $10.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=579720-001&_sacat=0

Yea, a long-shot but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask 😉.

Thanks again!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

One more long-shot question. Since the error is saying that the front panel can't communicate with the formatter, is it worth while taking that left side apart and reseating the ribbon cable from the front panel to the main board? Is it a common issue for this cable to either come loose or for the contacts to become oxidized enough that it can't transmit?

Thanks!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

I support trying things where you don't spend money... like reseating cables.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

OK, I removed the side panel and reseated all of the connections I could access at this stage of disassembly. The red circle shows what I believe is the ribbon cable from the front panel to the main board. It doesn't have it's own connector but is combined with another. 

IMG_4208.jpg

When booting I still get the same error.

Would it be worthwhile for me to disassemble it further to try reseating the connections that are hidden inside the cabinet?

At this stage, it's looking more and more like it's either the formatter board or the main board. I think I'm running out of other cheap tricks (sorry, no intentional reference to the classic rock band, Cheap Trick 😁) to try. 

Any other suggestions I should try before starting to buy expensive replacement components?

Thanks again!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

OK, I went ahead and pulled the main board. I'm no expert but I took a pretty close look at it with my loupe and didn't see anything obvious. No bulging capacitors, no cold solder joints, nothing burned and no cracks. All of the connectors seem fine.

Anything special I should look for as a sign of a failing main board?

Main A board topMain A board topMain A board bottomMain A board bottomMain A board  labelsMain A board labels

Sure hope I can remember how it all goes back together 😁.

Thanks again everyone!
Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Did you checked the printer belt ?

Does this error come after replacing printhead?

Did you checked the firmware?

HP Recommended

I got the printer used so I don't know what maintenance items they did before the error occurred. 

Unfortunately with this error I can't access the system to check or update the firmware. So no, I have not checked the firmware.

AFAIK, this error message is not related to the printer belt other than perhaps someone not properly seating a connector. I have tried reseating all of the connectors that I could access and that did not help.

Thanks for the input!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

I put the Main PCA and assembly back together and tried it once again (maybe the disassembly/assembly fixed it???) but no luck. It still has the same error and same behavior. 

Unless anyone has another suggestions I'll look for a used formatter board. Looks like I can get them for under $100 used (bare board, no HDD). Hope this fixes it! 

Thanks!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

UPDATE Oct 31, 2019 (Happy Halloween!):

I ended up buying a formatter board (used one from Tabcom) and it did not fix the 08:11 error. So, assuming the HDD and formatter board are good (and I have no reason to think they would not be working) I can now say that I've at least narrowed down the possible causes. 

Since trying the replacement formatter board I also;

• Removed the display panel and checked continuity from end-to-end of the ribbon cable (the one that goes from the display to the main board) and it's fine. 
  • Opened up the display and looked all over for anything obvious but it all looks fine to my naked eye. 

Any suggestions on what to test next?  Could there be some issue inside the power supply? 

On the back of the display panel are two areas where there could be some jumpers (none there now). Should there be any there?

Display_Panel_Back.jpg

Thanks again!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

OK. I give up. I got this printer free from Craigslist and that's where it'll go again.

I've ruled out the formatter and HDD. The Front panel connections tested OK. I'm guessing now that it's the main board. 

It may be worthwhile for someone who really want's to use this printer but not for me.

Thanks again to all to helped! If you're in the San Francisco/Bay Area and want an HP T1100PS with the 08:11 error for free, let me know. I'll be on Craigslist soon.

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.