Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, since the latest printer preference software (and driver I guess) was downloaded automatically on my windows 10 64 bit computer in the last few weeks I am now having problems printing full page prints. I am using the printer with A1 roll of paper and when the printer is set to fast quality it prints full pages but when the print quality is set to normal or best it only prints two thirds of the picture from the front right side back towards the center of the printer. This has only been an issue since the new printer preference software has changed to a newer format, this used to be in the older format and worked fine whatever quality settings were used or page / paper size, but now will not not print a full page unless using fast quality setting which does not look good for pictures / banners which is what the printer is mainly used for. I have also updated the firmware for the printer since the new software / driver had requested this when I was troubleshooting.

Has anyone else had the same issue or have a solution to this.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

yes --- I have been having the same problem --- I thought the driver needed to be updated after the windows update and that made it worse.  I downloaded the wrong driver.  Spent a couple of hours chatting with tech support and seemed to get everything working again properly.  But now - sometimes the sheet prints fine and sometimes parts of it do not print.  My t120 is two years old and if this continues I am going to forced into a new plotter --- probably an Epson but definitely not HP.  And I loved my printer - it does such a nice job when it does it but am pulling my hair out and I don't have that much

HP Recommended

I may have a solution - at least this worked for me.   When printing your document - go  to Advanced settings for adobe and select -  print as image.     When I did this - everything printed fine     good luck

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Designjet T120. I tried the 'Print as Image' solution. No luck

I have deleted and downloaded new drivers and changed the network cable to the plotter. Everything is fine: apart from that the left hand side isn't printing!

Troubleshooter says everything is fine. Any help / suggestions would be great

HP Recommended

Gordon

When I was really stuck, I got excellent chat support at HP ---- was online with Steve for over an hour and he was able to locate the main issue which was somehow I had the wrong driver.  That got me most of the way back to normal except for the missing parts of the sheet.  Print as image took care of the rest.  Honestly, I was close to buying a new printer - was ready to go for an Epson or Canon.  Good Luck --- I feel your pain

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thanks. I too was close to binning my T120 and buying a new plotter. Eventually last night, after I downloaded the new driver for the tenth time (okay maybe 9th) it worked. My best guess it was that the 'Page Handling' tab on the printedr dialogue box should have been set to 'Poster'. Anyhow, working now 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.