Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
CN728A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

I just service a Designjet T2300, that freeze at 94%.

I was able to fix the problem by a reset of the EEROM & recovery of the HDD.

My question is: if the problem occur again, can i just replace the hard drive or do i have to replace the set of hard drive with formatter? # CN727-67015

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it happens again, before you go through all of that, try completely removing the media out of the printer, and removing all of the ink cartridges--then reboot. 

I've had several with an empty ink cartridge freeze at 94%--don't know why, but once I removed all of the inks it would then fully boot, and upon reinstalling the inks it would tell me one was empty.  I also had one freeze with the media not loaded but sitting in the channel like it was ready to be loaded.  Fully removing the media allowed that one to completely boot.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If it happens again, before you go through all of that, try completely removing the media out of the printer, and removing all of the ink cartridges--then reboot. 

I've had several with an empty ink cartridge freeze at 94%--don't know why, but once I removed all of the inks it would then fully boot, and upon reinstalling the inks it would tell me one was empty.  I also had one freeze with the media not loaded but sitting in the channel like it was ready to be loaded.  Fully removing the media allowed that one to completely boot.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for the solution.

HP Recommended

how can i resett the EEPROM on the CN727-60115 Rev A ? i loaded wrong firmware and now unit is locked up. i am pretty sure if it goes back to factory default i can load in correct one and straighten out issue

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.