Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Designjet T520

Have had Designjet T520 about 18 months. Use it only for large format printing on paper roll. Got error message: Printer Failure. "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP."

Have done the "on - off" procedure several times including unplugging, allowing printer to sit idle and then plugging back in, turning on and still same problem. I have also removed and checked each ink cartridge and connot detect any issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Remove all the ink cartridges and then turn on the plotter.  When it asks for the ink put them in one at a time and see if the error appears after only one of the ink cartridges is installed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Remove all the ink cartridges and then turn on the plotter.  When it asks for the ink put them in one at a time and see if the error appears after only one of the ink cartridges is installed.

HP Recommended

Thank you! Fixed the issue - much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Replace 711 DesignJet Print-head Replacement Kit, and aslo  check a warranty status of print-head replacement kit if i didnt mistaken it can see on its box. if its uder warranty kindly send it to HP service center to request a new one..

I hope it helps.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello, sir. I tried removing the cartridges but the printhead won't move to the left side of the printer where the cartridge access door is located. I already tried turning the printer on and off but to no avail. How can I fix this please? Thank you.

@davidzuts wrote:

HP Recommended

With the power turned off or unpluged you should be able to move the carriage by hand to the left side. If you are able to move it and remove the ink cartriges and when you install them again the same issue occurs then you most likey need to replace the printhead.

HP Recommended

@davidzuts wrote:

Turn the printer on and wait for the carriage to move to the left. Unplug or turn off the power with the switch in the back. You will then be able to remove the printheads.

Hello. I've already turned the printer on and waited for the carriage to move to the left but after the printhead moves back and forth, it always stops at the right side of the printer.

I also tried unplugging the power but it still won't work.

HP Recommended

Read my updated post. If you unplug the power you should be able to move the carriage by hand to the left side.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.