Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3200
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

My z3200 prints fine on its own (colour calibration/print diagnostic etc) and my computer seems able to communicate with it, but the Z3200 will not print an image from Photoshop. When I look at the print queue it says Ready to Print or Printing; sometimes even the progress bar turns fully blue but then reverts back to an empty progress bar. Nothing prints, no error message is produced but the printer info goes back from 'ready to print' to 'Load paper roll' . Some of the inks have expired, and I see a warning about this,  but the tanks are still over half-full and I think I should be able to override the warning, and that it's not what's causing the failure to print. Am I right? 

If this is possibly a Mac-related problem, can you suggest a forum I could approach with my problem?
Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

LPS Computers in California offers free support, and Bob Wert, the owner, probably knows more about Z3200s than anyone else on the planet. He's walked me through multiple troubleshooting sessions with my two Z200s (I call them the Evil Twins).  

800 959 1575

lpscomputers.com

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for kindly offering this suggestion. I will try them via their website, though I'm based in the UK so they might feel reluctant to offer advice. I hope, in the meantime, that your evil twins are behaving.

HP Recommended

I wouldn't hesitate to reach out. Bob's a good guy and I think he's seen everything when it comes to Z3200s.  He knows when the repair/diagnostics manual is right and when it isn't. Usually it's a very short conversation to get me straightened out.  

I've had mixed results getting him to respond by email.  

Also- your expired inks should have nothing to do with the problem. I use almost exclusively expired inks as do many I've corresponded with.  The guy that sold me one of the twins is an authorized HP service partner, and his pro photographer wife only uses expired inks. They're 1/4 the price of non-expired on eBay.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.