Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet t830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem in this post has been solved prior to posting. I am simply sharing this problem and what fixed it. There is a locked post with the same issue here , but no resolution.

I recently installed a Designjet t830 on a customer's network. After unsuccessfully attempting to setup a "scan to network" folder (see how here) I assumed something on the network was blocking the plotter. During the troubleshooting process with the cusomter's IT, I discovered several things: 

First, if I attempted to use the computer name in the file path, the setup failed immediately. If I used the computer's ip address it took 5-10 minutes to fail. (this is not normal) 

Second, scan to email worked fine. Scan to thumbdrive worked fine. However, scan to computer would only scan small drawings. If I attempted to scan arch size drawings the scan would fail. Scan to network would not work at all.

Third, when removing the printer from the customer's network and directly connecting my laptop to the device via ethernet, I had the same symptoms. (This told me the problem was with printer and not the network)

The following steps were then taken: 

The firmware was upgraded. (did not solve) The printer was reset to factory. (did not solve) The plotter was swapped out with another t830. (the new plotter scanned fine) 

After multiple calls, several days and hours on the phone with HP,  and multiple attempts by them to remotely setup scanning, they finally sent someone out (printer was new, under warranty) to replace the mainboard. Afterwards, I was able to setup scanning and send a test drawing. 

Solution: Replace MAIN PCA SV / Part number from service manual: F9A30-67001

In my research, I only found one mention of this issue which was in the aforementioned post. I hope this saves a little time for anyone else experiencing this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Cgreen116,

Is this a known issue with these plotters from HP? 

We have one and always never been able to scan to computer! 

We have HP officejet's 8730 & 7740 all with the same Web interface which allows us to scan to computer.

The plotter does allow scan to computer now! (we have one pc with windows 10 now) but they don't scan to our scan folder as pdf like the other HP printers do its just a really poor web scan window thing which only shows in .tif file.

As we are still within the warranty is this something we should contact HP about

Kind Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.