Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T520 24" Plotter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My "Devices and Printers" shows two T520 plotters, I do not know which one to use. I think they may conflict since sometimes they take turns working properly other times they lock up and I have to shut down the CAD program. 

One shows up as "HP DesignJet T520 24in HPGL2"

the other shows up as "HP DesignJet T520 24in (192.168.1.106)"

All I know is that when selecting them one usually works while the other locks up and goes nowhere. I removed them from Windows and reinstalled the software freshly downloaded from HP and still they come up as two different printers. It is almost as if Windows 10 is not deleting the full driver or trying to install its own driver.

Has anyone else had this experience? this was working fine under Windows 7 but since upgrading to Windows 10 the whole experience has become a truckload of crap. 

I would appreciate any solution to this, the printer Product Number: CQ890A

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.