Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet

Hi,

If you are missing the print preview on your HP Designjet T120/T520/T790/T795/T1300/T2300 Printer Series,

go to the following link and select your printer model to download the driver with host preview.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04893167

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Mike, it just unzips OK but what do I do next as there's no "Setup" or similar file?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Once you have downloaded the driver, you need to install the printer manually

You can find the instructions on the following link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-and-install-printer-drivers

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Hey Mike,

Okay, I have installed the 32 bit version manually.  The T120 Utility program sees the newly installed plotter, but shows it with the old one (I didn't want to disrupt the printer that is working even though there is no print preview) but its status is not working.  Status on the old plotter, still working. I have not re-booted as yet.

I am on XP and I know there's no support for XP. But HP updates me out of my original software that worked for this?  Do HP engineers have blinders on?

Will try and print from the old install.  Hopefully, overwriting the old driver did'nt screw it up!  Also, I created a restore point so if I have to abort this path, I can in its entirety!

Not really amused

Thanks for your help

Rick

HP Recommended

hi,

so, i click on the link but it does not load and takes me right to windows 10 help site with no info on how to install printer drivers

HP Recommended

Hi,

Instead of clicking on the link, copy and paste the link in to the browser

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Hey Mike,

Okay, the preview is now there.  After installing (2) T120's with the Add a New Printer, I found the one thing that was not "aligning" correctly.  The Port, which I selected on the first round was Lpt1 Old School which is wrong thinking.  You'll need to select HPDesignjetT120 for the port.  This now allows the HP Designjet Utility to see those plotters.  So now all instances of the plotters show up.  I even went back to the other install and redirected it's port.  So all (3) Old, New, and a Copy.  Now I just need to delete (2) of them.

Previewing looks good.

Do you know if these plots are also sending to a eshare account of some sort?  That I haven't researched that as yet.

Thanks,

Rick

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, when you are doing the installation you need to select the proper port.

About the ePrint and Share, this has been discontinued, the file will no longer go to the cloud.

On the following link you can find more info about it.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/large-format-printers/designjet-printers/eps-create-account.html

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

If I download the HP 120 64 bit set I get the reply "this is not a 32 bit package" or similar wording.  I am running 64 bit. It doesn't unzip.

If I download the 64 bit version and go through the "add printer" using the 32 bit, which I chose because it won't even unzip the 64 bit, I get a message which tells me the driver isn't compatible and I must have the 64 bit version!

Total waste of time.

HP Recommended
@Enduser1,

The drivers I have listed here are not for the DesignJet 120. You might got confused with the T120. Those are different printers.

Share with us the operating system of your computer and will be glad to help you finding a proper driver

Regards

Mike
Best regards

Mike G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.