Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T795 CR649C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My T795 plotter will not get past 1%. The 2nd LED is flashing. I cannot update firware because it won't recognize the USB stick in either the front panel port or the usb port on the formatter on reboot. I reseated the formatter, replaced the 3v battery and rebooted several times. Don't know if the hard drive is bad or the formatter board is bad or both.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello /. 

It looks that your hard disc  is dead . 

It should start loading firmware from hdd 1% 10% 50% 

Try to replace hdd 

Like this one 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283009421360

HP Recommended
Hi its The Formatter board at first surely , and then after replaceing the board , check the Hard Disk
HP Recommended

I replaced the hard drive and installed new firmware. The plotter has been working ok since.

HP Recommended
It depends on the LED lights on formatter too , and you should check which one is off and which one is on and which one is blinking , and then you can find out which part needs to be replaced , HDD ,Formatter, Main PCA and Power Supply
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.