Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a designjet T790 when initializing hang a 20% and later displays error 8:04. I tried to upgrade the firmware it also  get hanged at 20% and display the error 8:04.  To enter diagnostic mode is also hanged at 20% it also displays error 8:04. I need your help 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
System Error: 08:04
Problem Description: Touch Control Panel communication to the product functions at the initialization, but during
normal working the communication is lost.
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Reseat printer’s formatter (do this by loosening the formatter screws, disconnect and
reconnect the formatter, and tighten the screws again).
2. Replace the Formatter Board see Formatter on page 290
NOTE: For Revision B printers the Formatter and Hard Disk are replaced as a single
part,
3. Replace the HDD, see Hard Disk Drive on page 296
NOTE: For Revision B printers the Formatter and Hard Disk are replaced as a single
part,
4. Check connections of USB cable from Engine PCA to Interconnect PCAs.
5. Replace the Interconnect PCA, see Interconnect PCA on page 316.
6. Replace the Touch Control Panel Touch Control Panel on page 429
7. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance
07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately.Appendix C: Obtaining the product
log and the diagnostics package on page 75
HP Recommended

Did anyone figure this problem out?  My HP Designjet T790 worked one day then the next it had error 59.3:00 followed by error 8:04.  I have gotten no support from HP.  I have not replaced any parts on the machine.  It just quit working.  I did force a firmwear update but had no change in error codes.  This machine is not inexpesive and was bought brand new a few years ago.  It now just collects dust.   Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please follow up on the following post

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Re-HP-Designjet-T2300...

Copy and paste the same question on multiple posts does not really help to find a solution

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

I am also experiencing the same problem as you. My machine HP T795 is also error 08:04 I also very much want to ask the expert help me

HP Recommended

I repaired this replacing mainboard .  You can also replace the chipset on it but it is hard job 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.