Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Same as it was.

1) ON (Not Blinking)

2) OFF

3) OFF 

HP Recommended

I have no idea why the hard disk was replaced. Your error does not indicate a hard disk error, but rather indicates a formatter error. More than likely you need to replace the formatter. Once thing you can try just for the heck of it is to remove the formatter with the power off as you did before. On the formatter is a battery which keeps certain information. Take the battery out and wait about 5 minutes. Put the battery back in and put the formatter back in the printer and see if there is any change. If none I would go with a replacement formatter.

HP Recommended

GOOD QUESTION, Why did I replace the HD?  I am now out $280.

HP Recommended

Who do I listen to?

It was recommended to buy a new HD, so I did without question directly from HP PARTS. (number on box # E1L21-67013)

Now it's suggested to buy a new FORMATTER, Is it really the FOMATTER? Or Is it possibly something else?

I'm out $280 so far and it looks like a FORMATTER will cost $1000.. 

HP Recommended

No Luck. Removed battery for over 5 minutes like suggested. 

Is it truly the formatter?????

HP Recommended

Did you put a new battery in?

The voltage of the battery is critical.

HP Recommended

No, but I will try that next.. Thanks 

HP Recommended

Your issue is almost identical to a super nice guy in Australia.

He swapped out half the machine and it was a 2 minute, 1 dollar fix - the motherboard battery.

A legacy HP plotter is like a late model Ferrari - it looks great and often runs awesome, but you have to know it - every bolt, every nut, every circuit. You also have to be a aficionado and know the brand, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Or... throw down a pile of cash and pay someone to learn it for you. (:

HP Recommended

Changed battery, still no luck.

Is there anything else I can try?

- Stuck at 1%

- Led 1) On, not blinking

- Led 2) Off

- Led 3) ) Off

HP Recommended

Ebay has formatters from $145. to $300. for your plotter.

I have bought all my parts and supply from ebay and saved a ton of money.

belts, scan axis motors, trailing cables, ink tube supplies, printheads, ink, rolls of paper, etc.

as said before don't be afraid to get to know your printer, download the service manual for it and it will guide you through your repairs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.