Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Plotter said to replace magenta printhead.  I've replaced it with brand new HP printhead but it still says 'faulty printhead'  Code 0134.   I've looked under the printhead carriage and there are no apparent obstructions.   This is a 15-year old DesignJet 500 that has been a workhorse and was still printing perfectly until this problem.    I  hate to give up on this great machine!   Any suggestions?

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended
I have the same problem with my printer "HP designjet 510".
Today I replaced 3 printheads and there is the error on all the new ones. Help me! 
HP Recommended

Hello

I have same problem. Have you find solution for your problem?

Thanks

HP Recommended

use replace printhead option & move carriage box out.  unplug power cord,

remove the problem printhead, you should use a syringe & draw out ink.. no bubbles.

clean contact...power on, when prompt & insert the printhead...

might work  ............

=========

now on Ebay & many way out of date printheads available... buy those in dark color with cyan

butterfly...  date at least  2014 .

keep trying, you problem should solved... unless your new printhead also way too old as I mentioned

above.

PS :
I just bought 2 set remanufactured #11 printheads  from China for $40 a set..last year I repaired on

with those printheads & printer was working fine... no differents.  

Good deal, just one black selling over $46 on Ebay, Amazon eve much higher.

HP Recommended

We installed 3 new printheads and all 3 were rejected by printer.
Now I have ordered an old stock from eBay and will see how it works.
Looks like HP made some "changes" to chip on the head and printer won't accept them.

HP Recommended

Hi, I bought expired heads and now my printer works. 😞

HP Recommended

I bought older printhead and now it works!  Perfectly!  Thank you !!!

HP Recommended

Now I've replaced it with an older printhead and it works perfectly!  Yay!  Horray!!!

HP Recommended

HP Factory error.

I've been told HP is writing a firmware update for the printer.

I would suggest returning them and finding older unopened boxes on ebay or amazon.

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
HP Recommended

I really doubt, if hp ever write a new firmware for that old  printer  ...

All other model printers having similar problems, as far as I seen on my own

Z2100, Z3100, Z3200, DJ500, DJ800.....

no matter what, myself got thru all the time  .   most users had no patience, experience etc etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.