Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

The software page (http://hp.care/2tKONLF) for this printer only has drivers and HP Utility.  The URL's I could find on HP's "support" site pointing to it come back with 404 errors.  

Oh, and HP wants to charge me $39.00 to even ask the question to one of their support techs.  

Anybody know where the firmware is for the Z3200?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok got it.  The firmware sections of that page won't show up if you're using a Mac.  I tried on three different browers.  

They show up just fine on any Windows brower, though. 

Go figure. 

Thanks once again for your help.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Firmware is at the link below. Do not worry about operating system as it works on just all of them. The thing you need to check is the version of your plotter. You have either the A or B model. I believe you have either a q6718A or q6718B where the last digit determines you model being A or B.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-z3200-photo-printer-series/3737540

HP Recommended

Hi David.  Am I missing something?  Here's a screen shot of the target page of your URL with "expand all" option. I can't find any mention of firmware. Only drivers, HP Click and HP Utility.  

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 9.25.53 PM.png

HP Recommended

Attached is a word page with a screen shot of what I get when I click on the link so I do not know how you are getting that page unless you are clicking on drivers instead of being on the basic first page. Do not click on expand all, but just click on the plus sign for the firmware line.

HP Recommended

Ok got it.  The firmware sections of that page won't show up if you're using a Mac.  I tried on three different browers.  

They show up just fine on any Windows brower, though. 

Go figure. 

Thanks once again for your help.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.