Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP5500PS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

20200526_104607_resized.jpg20200526_104458_resized.jpg20200526_104454_resized.jpg20200526_104440_resized.jpgHi, can anyone help with a colour printing issue on my HP5500PS 42inch. I am unable to print the red colour for some reason it is looking like a salmon, pinky or brown even green depending on seting. I have also changed the cartridge for Magenta and Light cyan as they were showing low 24% on the front panel. I am printing on matt paper and set to other 1 setting. I have now done a image test print all the colour strips look fine black, cyan, magenta, yellow, l/cyan and l/magenta no banding or anything great. Did a test print for the image of the train and paint cans and the train is like a light bluey colour and the red is like a orange colour not red. The we are open is supposed to be red. Can anyone help on this issue if had the same problem before.

Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi.

Put the correct setting media. The ink  emulsion on matte paper is not correct when the media profile not matches with the real media that You are using. 

Try upgrade the media profile in your printer.

HP Recommended

Hi Jorge,

Thanks i have managed to get the red to print now. It was a driver issue so i removed the driver that was installed HPGL2 and downloaded the Postscript driver HP5500ps 42 put it the settings to print on the matt media and it is now a perfect red colour.

Thanks for the help.

Regards 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.