Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500

Hello everyone

I recently bought a used HP Designjet 500. I use a Windows 10 PC and connected the printer through a USB cable. At first, the printer worked perfectly, I didn't even have to download a driver or anything. Suddenly, the printer stopped working. The printer gets connected and I can add it through the general settings, but that does not help it. Every time I try to print, there pop's up an error message, saying the connection could not be established. I tried downloading the driver file, but I am only getting weird DA,DL,CH,EX data that my pc is not able to open. I also downloaded WinZip but I was still not able to get to the setup file. Even though the printer's drivers aren't available for Windows 10, I read that the printer can still be connected, as was the case in the beginning in my situation. I would be very happy about any help, regarding how to connect the printer properly. Thank you all in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yes, there is a way to fix this new issue you have. For assistance [content removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.