Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 5000ps
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I was able to print a poster and then when I went to print more of the same poster, I get the error code 0F0100 030C099F.  Thinking it was the line sensor or lens, I covered up the line sensor mark on the printer, received the same results.  thinking it was a firmware issue, I ordered and replaced the HDD, chip board and the Boot Rom, same result with the error code.  The memory is maxed out at 256MB.  Any help on what the error code is referring to would be beneficial. The only referene I am seeing to that code in the serivce manual deals with the cutter, and from what I am seeing with the cutter, it is being deactivated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP Designjet 5000 and 5500 Series Printers - Tech Assist: System Error '0f0100 030c099f'

Introduction
System Error "0f0100 030c099f" most commonly points to a problem with the Mark encoder. Follow the steps below to accurately determine the cause of the failure and the replace the appropriate parts.
Troubleshooting steps
  NOTE:
Only replace one component at a time and check for resolution before trying next step(s).
  1. Turn the printer off using the main power switch on the back panel.
  2. After waiting 10-15 seconds, turn the printer on.
  3. Allow printer to initialize.
  4. If system error 010090 or 010091 appears during/after the initialization process, continue with the section below titled, If preceded by system error 010090 or 010091.
  5. Attempt to verify printer functionality by printing internal printer files.
  6. If error 0f0100 appears, continue with the remaining steps.
  7. Turn the printer off.
  8. Reseat both ends of the Media motor encoder cable.
  9. Turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality.
  10. If the problem persists, turn the printer off and replace the Media motor (C6072-60160).
  11. Turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality.
  12. If the problem continues, replace the Main PCA:
    • 5000 Series - C6090-69012
    • 5500 Series - Q1251-60030
  13. Following replacement, perform a Backup EEROM (instructions below).
If preceded by system error 010090 or 010091
  1. Turn the printer off.
  2. Check the Media motor cable for damage, and replace if necessary.
  3. Check the Media motor cable connections at both ends.
  4. Turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality.
  5. If the problem persists, replace the Media motor (C6072-60160).
  6. Following replacement, turn the printer on and verify functionality.
Performing the Backup EEROM
  1. Turn the printer on.
  2. When the Ready message is displayed on the front-panel, scroll to the Printer Setup Options icon and press the ENTER key.
  3. Using the Arrow keys, scroll to Utilities and press ENTER.
  4. Once inside the Utilities menu, press the Up Arrow key and the ENTER key simultaneously.
  5. Scroll to Service Utilities and press ENTER.
  6. Scroll to 1.6 Backup EEROM and press ENTER.
  7. Select the part replaced (Main PCA) and press ENTER.
  8. A message confirming the selection will appear, press ENTER to confirm (if the wrong part is selected, press BACK to cancel).
  9. The printer will perform the backup and display the message, "Backup performed correctly."
  10. Press BACK to return to the previous menu.
  11. Press BACK to return to the Service Utilities menu.
  12. Turn the printer off then on and verify functionality.
HP Recommended

Thank you davidzuts. Looks like I am going ot have to replace the motor. I will order that part and see if that works.

HP Recommended

So, I replaced the media motor, the main board, the HDD, Boot Rom and bridge card, a new carriage belt and the trialing cables and I am still getting the System Error code 0f0100 030c099f.

Is there anything that I am missing on this machine that would be causing this error? I know that it is an old machine, I would think that replacing the main parts of the circuit boards and the motor would have resolved this issue for me.

any extra insight that I am missing, please let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.