Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z5600
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My HP Designjet Z5600 had a paper jam, requested me to clear it and restart the printer. When it began to boot back up, it got stuck at 95% initializing and will not move past that. It is making a weird clicking noise as well. I have tried a hard reboot, unplugging the cord from both the printer and wall for at least 60 seconds, holding down the power button, etc. with no luck. Is this a part issue or software issue? I have jobs due TODAY. HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Remove all media, printheads and ink cartridges and then restart the printer and when it gets to asking for printheads and ink cartridges put them in and see if it gets further.

HP Recommended

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Tech support ran out of ideas too.

Thank you,

a

HP Recommended

You should check for obstruction inside of the paper path (aka scan axis), spec. in right zone looking from front. Might be that some paper pieces are obstructing movement of service station. At 95% mechanics shoud start performing movement (first service station unlocks carriage than carriage moves top most left to measure width). Also, synchroniusly micro movement of media path is performed to check responce from encoder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.