Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet z6100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using this plotter for many years, and over the weekend I went to load a new roll of media, and during the paper load process, I get a 79.04 error. I have booted in diagnostics, and machine passes all tests. Rebooted several times, with and without network cable plugged in. Completed ERROM reset, and still same error. Reinstalled current firmware, 11.0.0.2. Please advise, need help.

20200331_103420.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, That was my next step. I have one on order.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Do you happen to have a service manual for the printer?  If not, you can google it and download a PDF version.  There are several causes for a 79:04 error, including data corruption on the hard drive, wrong data file format and network issues.

Let us know if you don't find the manual.  Bottom line is it will continue to throw up that error until the data is removed from the hard drive that is causing the error.  Sometimes a complete wipe of the disk is needed.  After wiping, the printer will load a back up copy of the firmware that is "very old" and you will need to update the firmware before using the printer.  But you'll want the service manual before doing any of that.

Were you doing anything different before the error showed up?  Printing a file type you've never done before?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I was able to download a copy of the service manual. I have attempted to perform a disk wipe per the service manual. I tried unsecure, 1 pass, and 5 pass, and it doesn't appear to do a wipe as the firmware version doesn't change from the current version. In addition, I assume that after a disk wipe it would begin at the initial setup, i.e. setting the language etc. As did the ERROM reset. Not sure what the issue is, could really use the help. Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, That was my next step. I have one on order.

HP Recommended

Message to load paper.  Loaded paper but message will not disappear

HP Recommended

Correct, however replacement of HDD resolve issue.

HP Recommended

It appears that for me. The issue was related to a driver. After installing new HDD, and installing drivers used previously, triggered 79.04 error immediately after. Performed ERROM reset to wipe error codes and used ps driver, via installation process through windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.