Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Tried those also increased the number of passes and the saturation it did great for one print but is back to its old ways.

HP Recommended

Hi Skuks,

Have you had any problems with banding since 9.17?

So for a novice like me. You had your tech replace your solid state drive with a new one, or did you just update your firmware? I have our Latex 360 automatically update the firmware. Sorry I am a bit confused.

Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

Hi Exhibitpro,

Tech minion replaced the SSD with brand new one and installed the last firmware from USB drive (downloading it from hp support website). I'm not confident that is a problem solver but we had another problem with carriage hitting maintenance cartridge and like HP often says - let's replace this and see what will happen 🙂

Banding problem began to go deeper at some point - like in the beginning it was only once in a month and one year later it became couple of times a day. Technician came to delete junk files and folders  but didn't tell much what he was doing. After "spring clean" of the file system - printer came back to normal, but at some point printer is banding again...

That's why I don't think its only one problem - but sum of them like bad ink towers, PIPs.. but mostly firmware and SSD...

HP Recommended

Hy, I just solved my problem after aprox. 100 square meters of thrown vinyl. 

As I figured white lines could only be not enough pressure in the tubes... so I did the following,

Made a new profile without the lights (LC &LM)...

And when I am printing large prints as I was here (5,32 x 3,8 meters wall print for uniline rent a car which is only green gradient) I pause the printer for 10 minutes between the tiles. Maybe it will print perfectly all at once but now I don't have time to experiment as I am already late with the job.

Also just upgraded sai rip to new version- don't know if it has anything to do with it.

I hope I can help someone with this.

Sorry for my bad English, cheers

HP Recommended

Having the same issue with my 360. Seems that lc doesnt fire right. Any help would be great. 

HP Recommended

New Year same banding problem that everyone has been talking about in the thread. The faded line appears from left to right i.e. from the cleaning cartridge and occurs after a certain part of the cleaning. You can hear the cartridge move then immediately after the line appears so every 300mm. I spoke to support when this first occurred and they advised me to change the cleaning cartridge though it was only 50% used. This seemed to work but the issue seems to come back when printing block colours. It seems that there is some cleaning solution left on the heads after cleaning so when it prints the first line the ink is washed out. By the time the carriage is 3/4 away from cleaning cartridge normal service is resumed. If I can only use half of the cleaning cartridge surly I should only pay for the half that is usable. This issue has cost lots more in wasted material as it has occurred in long block colour prints more than once when cartridge had 70% used so had to stop clean heads and try again. 

HP Recommended

the same old problem with ink delivery to the PH - mostly LC.. Check the weight of the LC/LM printhead - must be above about 60grams (under 50grams means not much ink goes in)...replacing the PH does the job but we have the option of total warranty under 1L of usage and we've replaced 5 or 7 heads..and lately replaced PIPs and ink towers (the PH needle is going into, also cleaninf junk folders when upgrading firmware...)..tech support must know that issue for all this time ..in the next versions of latex this problem is solved or not so obvious...we have now the 570 version and so far for 2 years no problems with that printhead - and it's only 1 again...but other problems are on...like spotty printing when it's cold and rainy weather...

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply, my 360 has been spot on and is almost 3 yrs old now my only other issue I have is when doing back lit around 150 - 200% ink on a 20 pass, the print shows banding only illuminated. I cant seem to get rid of a line every 5th ish pass? Any ideas.  Sorry to hassle you but I am running out of ideas.

HP Recommended

Clean printheads and carriage contacts with ethyl alcohol, do the printhead cleaning option from menu, shake ink cartridges and do the PH measurements and watch for weight deviation, do the rail lubrication and restart printer from main switch and cables for 10 min. for example. Check the substrate path and keep it clean, clear the optic advance sensor, take a look at the sensor under the carriage next to the printheads and that's all you can do except interpass delay when printing... These are the common maintenance you can do but tech guys are needed to clean and check deeply for problems...

HP Recommended

Thanks Skuks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.