2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z6200 prints shadows/ghosted

HP Z6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I've been faced with a gosted printout on all colours with our HP Z6200 and have no clue what else to do. These are the things we've already done without any success:

- changing PH's

- PH alignment

- scan axis calibration

- encoder strip cleaned,

- encoder sensor cleaned

- line sensor cleaned

Are there any other ideas???

5 REPLIES 5
Macmac55
Level 4
93 89 7 11
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its most likely your fuser causing the issue.  inspect your fuser be careful its very hot usually 

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are there fusers on ink jet printers?  I thought that was only on laserjet printers.

To the OP:  Have you tried any internal prints to see if the ghosting shows up there also?  That would eliminate the file/computer/software as a potential problem.

0 Kudos
Sleepy-tom
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@D Hook: thanks for you reply. Yes, it could also be seen on internal printouts like head alignment very clearly. 

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would it be possible to attach a photo of a print showing the problem?  Just to be sure we're thinking of the same thing when you say shadows/ghosting.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, the service manual (https://shared.swissparts.ch/Manuals/HP/Plotter/HP%20Designjet%20Z6200.pdf) speaks to the ghosting problem on page 182 and says it should be remedied by a firmware update.  Might want to check out the manual and see if it's the same problem.  I think the latest firmware should be available on the HP website.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation