Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z6800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, 

I'm having some issues with the firmware on my Z6800, over the last few weeks I get the 79.2:04 error on the front panel. Looking into this and it's a firmware issue, I'm running the latest firmware from November 2017 [PTR8_03_06_00.8] but I figured it can't hurt to re-flash that firmware. 

However, when I try and Flash the firmware, I get the following message:-

"The update could not be performed because another update (either a firmware update or a media profile update) is being sent to the printer at the same time. Please wait until the printer is idle. Then, before retrying your update, you may want to check whether it is still necessary."

The firmware fully uploads, but then it says waiting for 192.168.1.60 and then errors.

Is there a known cause for this error? I can't see how I can be uploading multiple things to the machine at once, all I can think is there is a conflict with one of the bit's of HP software I have? 

I currently use the following HP software:

• Hp DesignJet Utility 6.0.6.4630
  • HP Click 3.1.359

I've also checked to make sure there is no Windows update pending and there is nothing in the print queue for the printer. 

At the moment, the printer works when I reboot it, but I've had the firmware error on me a few times halfway through print jobs so I'm just wasting media and ink so want to get this issue sorted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Greg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.