Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 750C Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For those who has ran into trouble installing the pl532en on the newer version of window, you have to disable the "Driver Signature" recognition from Window 8 or 10 because the new window doesn't recognize the older driver pl532en (not updated to window 8 or 10 "stanadard").

To disable Driver Signature setting:

1. Select the Restart option under power while holding down SHIFT Key (Window 8 or 10)
  2. Select “Troubleshoot” option
  3. Select “Advance options”
  4. Select “Startup Settings”
  5. Click restart so you can modify the boot time configuration settings when the computer restart
  6. When the computer restart, you can choose the “Disabled driver signature enforcement” (F7)

Once that is done, you can install the driver pl532. With that said, you may run into the same problem as when I was install the driver on Window 7.

To make sure the driver is working properly:

1.  I suggest plugging in the plotter

2. Go to "device manager" and you will see the printer pop up under "other devices" because window doesn't recognize the plotter

3. Right click the "plotter" and choose as printer under list of choices

4. Choose have disk and install the driver pl532en. This will make sure the driver work as a printer on window 7, 8 or 10.

ST

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Nice instruction, butI don't have the choice of "plotter"

and I am stock. 

I didn't succeed to upload the pl532en driver.

Any suggestion?

HP Recommended

THANKS FOR THE GOOD WORK.

HP Recommended

MAKE SURE THE PLOTTER IS CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER!

Did you go to "Device Manager"? 

Go to the control panel and click "Device Manager"

Under "Device Manager" look under "Other Devices". That is where you plotter is located.

It will not be recognized by Window 7, 8, or 10  so Mircrosoft stuck in under "Other Deivces"

Right click on the "plotter file" and choose update driver. Go thru the motion and make sure you SPECIFY the "plotter" and a PRINTER DEVICE. Then choose update driver with the pl532 driver you downloaded.

Quote: "Make sure you give back to the community if you take something from the community" ST10

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

i really meed some help

so i was just gifted a HP Design jet 750+ plotter and i cannot connect it to my windows 10. ive tried every forum , i tried downloading the  pl532en driver and that did not work i even tried this. 

((((For those who has ran into trouble installing the pl532en on the newer version of window, you have to disable the "Driver Signature" recognition from Window 8 or 10 because the new window doesn't recognize the older driver pl532en (not updated to window 8 or 10 "stanadard").

To disable Driver Signature setting:

1. Select the Restart option under power while holding down SHIFT Key (Window 8 or 10)
  2. Select “Troubleshoot” option
  3. Select “Advance options”
  4. Select “Startup Settings”
  5. Click restart so you can modify the boot time configuration settings when the computer restart
  6. When the computer restart, you can choose the “Disabled driver signature enforcement” (F7)

Once that is done, you can install the driver pl532. With that said, you may run into the same problem as when I was install the driver on Window 7.

To make sure the driver is working properly:

1.  I suggest plugging in the plotter

2. Go to "device manager" and you will see the printer pop up under "other devices" because window doesn't recognize the plotter

3. Right click the "plotter" and choose as printer under list of choices

4. Choose have disk and install the driver pl532en. This will make sure the driver work as a printer on window 7, 8 or 10.)))))

i tried this multiple times and will not instal the drive. 

I then found out on the step when i would normally choose the "have a disk"  to put in the pl532 option as a drive that i had the HP option on the printers page i looked thru it and suprisingly enough i found that i had HP Designjet 750cplus E/A0 as an option within my pc!!!! i was so happy!!!!!......then i followed and it still wont instal. 

PLEASE HELP ME i really need to use my plotter. 

i dont know what else to do. 2017-07-26.png

2017-07-26 (2).png

HP Recommended

Hi.
Have anyone found a solution to this?

I've just got a 750c+ and the only way I have to connect it is via a router. The printer doesnt show up anywhere. And when I go to install the driver after the "Disabled driver signature" thing. It only unzips the exe-file.

HP Recommended

You Have to disable "digital signature" by following my steps above.

Window 10 won't let you install older drivers because they don't meet the new programming standards.

HP Recommended

Aweheim,

You can't install the 750C+ through a router. Buy the adapter and then connect "hard wire" from the pins to usb. Yes, once you "un-zip" the driver, you should be able to install the driver under "add new printer". Follow the steps above for how to get it working after adding the printer driver.

HP Recommended

Ah. Ok, thanks. I guess I was a bit naive to think that it would work over a network. 😛
Can I connect it directly with a network-cable though? not via a router. just directly in to the pc?

I'm asking because I actually dont have a computer with a network-port now. 😛

Witch adapter should I buy? I have no Idea what the ports in the back is. and the only cable that came with the printer was the network-cable.

HP Recommended

Hi, masaipayan.

I'm trying to install Designjet 600 dirver on my windows7 64bit system. I searched the net for a long time for the pl532en.exe, and didn't fine one. Then I ran into this page, it seems that you've got this driver. Would you be so kind to send a copy of pl532en.exe to my e-mail: kunlunsong@outlook.com? Thanks a lot!

I don't know whether your problem is solved or not. If I successfully installed Dj600 driver, I could share my experience with you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.