Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7740
Microsoft Windows Server 2012

I am trying to install a HP Officejet 7740 Large Format All-in-one printer on a Win 2012 printer server. All HP drivers say incomaptible operating system when tyring to install the software. Universal  drivers causes errors when trying to print. Does anyone have a link to download correct drivers for Win 2012.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should install the drivers on a server OS using an MSIEXEC command and not by following a standard installation, be sure to follow the 'Customize the installation' section below by adding an ENTERPRISE = YES argument for a successful installation.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printe...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello Shlomi, When downloading the driver package is a .exe file not a msi. Does allow to unpack the .exe file to access the msi. Can you send instructions on performing that.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go through the 'Customize the installation' section, it includes all the necessary steps to install it.

Step one: Copy the driver and software files > Method two: Copy files from the web pack

HP Recommended

Hi,

i`m also not able to install the Driver on servers 2008R2 or 2012, i tried several maschines. All stuck with the message:

1.jpg

i also trie with compatible mode and installed dotnet3.5. Also the full web version.

What can i do?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Go through the Customize the installation section in the document included in my previous post, installing on a server operating system should be done using an MSIEXEC command and not with a standard installation wizard.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi,

this is the error message usinge the MSIXEX command!

On three different Servers (2008R2 and 2012).

Ralph

HP Recommended

Have you tried adding an ENTERPRISE=YES argument to the command?

HP Recommended

That was the solution, thanks for that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.