Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 5500
Microsoft Windows XP

Lately, for no reason, my 42” printer prints all blacks (vector or bitmap) with a noticeable drop shadow on one side, creating a light grey. I changed the black printhead, but the problem remains. All other colors print perfectly aligned. Thanks for any tip.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is it visible on internal prints?

Can you scan a sample and post here? Did you make any changes in printer settings or environmental?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your interest, Valsimot. The only change I made was today, I replaced the lens. Before that, all settings remained the same for a long time. I am uploading some photos of that problem. I print on canvas.1EA1EA25-49C9-4EA0-944A-E4A920A96E86.jpeg9F2D14CC-ECED-4D65-A248-89F74E25698F.jpeg416DDF60-E9A4-45CD-B1E8-E70811C87C17.jpeg9EA3C220-EAE9-4639-B368-14EE4081DA20.jpeg18D50C34-20B5-48B2-B171-66A72A8790F2.jpeg

HP Recommended

What about internal prints from the printers menu?  That will eliminate printer problems from computer problems.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello Valsimot, your suggestion of making internal prints from the printer has solved my problem, after many calibrations and printhead alignments. Very good work, my friend. How can I thank you? Regards, Philippe Plouchart from Sacramento, California.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.