• Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
  • Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge CenterΒ· Ask anything Β· Find anything Β· Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I've been getting an error code on startup all day today, tried doing an EEPROM reset to no avail so checking the hardware systems in the diagnostics menu and upon going through the electronics test in the printmech get a "Delsol not detected" and the system shuts down.

Does anybody know what this part is? google is telling me nothing apart from a guy that seemingly replaced the printmech for the issue to remain.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yeah I've searched through all the manuals for it with the only reference being during the checks once the delsol is detected press any key to continue, it doesn't say anything about if it isn't detected.

I'd like to know what board or part it exactly is ideally rather than changing everything in the hope it fixes it.

HP Recommended

It's like searching in top secrets in hp...as far I found it's a part of Printmech board DelSol motion Assembly... But don't take my word for solid evidence.. try to contact hp tech support.. Mainly you have to replace printmech and check wirings...

Sorry I can't help in this case...

HP Recommended

Yeah it's a tricky one, I seen another member has replaced the printmech board for the issue to remain is all so I was trying to narrow it down.

I think I will go back to solvent, the machines just aren't made to last and I know it's an old machine but it's problem after problem and I (stupidly) replaced a JV33 with the latex which was around the same age which in 2 years of ownership never gave a problem.

The latex, at least for me has been a nightmare in the past 3 years of owning it.

HP Recommended

Mimaki rulz 😁 never get any problems... But latex is summer dry printer only πŸ˜€

Good luck and cheers 😁

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.