Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T2530 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have to order and adjust the Motor Media Advance Transmission with Encoder (CR357-67009), with  the Media Advance Drive Adjustment Tool from the Tool Kit. Where can i get the  Media Advance Drive Adjustment Tool from the tool kit? Is there a part number? is it part of the Motor Media Advance Transmission with Encoder? Your help will be appreciate.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

We had the media advance transmission replaced on a t1200MFP (same basic machine) by HP techs a few months ago and the tool came with the transmission but cost an extra $200 something for just the tool.  You can read the whole saga here:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/hp/131440-t1200-mfp-printer-scanner-question.html

Are you certain the media advance transmission is the problem?  Ours turned out to be only the encoder disc and it can be replaced without removing the MAT motor.  What's the machine doing (or not doing)?

The tool helps you align the motor correctly after replacing it.  I think there's other ways to do the same thing without the tool.  As it turned out, the tech replaced the motor and it didn't fix the problem.  He gave us a bill for $1100 and never came back.  I took the printer home and repaired it and it's been working fine since.  We kept the original MAT and tool.

I can look up the part number on the box when I get to work and post it up.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the help. I have tried to find the part number, but couldnt find it.

If you can find for me the part number, i would appreciate it.

I will try first the encoder disk.

The error code is: 02.1:10

Thanks

HP Recommended

For some reason, I got locked out of my account and HP keeps sending the verification code to a different email address so I can't use my original D Hook sign in.  Took longer than I thought.

Anyway, the  part number on the box is CH538-67027.  This came with the motor, wiring harness and adjustment tool.  We paid around $600 for the kit but I see them on PartsHere.com for less but not sure that comes with the tool.  You'll want to ask before you order.

I have pictures of the tool and of the motor assembly.  Can you describe the problem the printer is exhibiting?  Is it skipping lines, lines disjointed?  Maybe you can post an example of the print output.  The error code you mentioned, did it just pop up during a print?

HP Recommended

The error you posted refers to the carriage PCA.

Here's a link to the manual:https://www.manualslib.com/manual/946209/Hp-Designjet-T2300.html?page=1#manual

Are you sure you need to replace the MAT?

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks, but thats not the right model. It's a T2530 mfp # L2Y25A HP Designjet T2530 eMultifunction

HP Recommended

That's not the same model as the T2300. The right part number is: Motor Media Advance Transmission with Encoder (CR357-67009), but i dont know if the tool is with this parts kit.

HP Recommended

Sorry.  My mistake.  Misread the initial post.

HP Recommended

Finally got my original user name to work again.

One thing I wanted to mention; when I changed the MAT on the T1200, I used the adjustment tool but found that when tightening the top screw on the motor mount, it caused the tool to bind on the motor.  Fixed it my loosening that screw 1/2 turn.  Tool should slide easily on and off if adjusted correctly.

Hope that helps and sorry for the initial model confusion.  The T2530 is a totally different printer from the 2300 for sure.  Let us know how you come out.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.