Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 5500 UV
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I encounter color mismatch with my newly bought (whilst used...) Designjet 5500 UV.

I tried to download new color profiles, but the HP link doesn't exist any more.

Anyone who knows where I can find those files?

Thanks

Uli

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is there a particular media profile you're looking for?  I have several I saved off the HP website as a "just-in-case" thing a few years ago when I owned a 5500UV printer.

Are you able to connect the printer to your computer using the EWS screen?  It's the easiest way to upload the profiles to the printer.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

I am looking for profiles for different photo papers glossy and satin. Can't specify exactly, because as a hobbyist I am unable to stick with a certain quality and try to get cheaper surplus papers when offered.

EWS? I guess this is the http page provided by the Designjet? Yes, of course. This is where the broken link is offered for downloading the profiles (as well as in the documentation pulled from HP site...). I wonder why HP removed them. 😞

Would be great to get these files. 

Thanks

Uli

HP Recommended

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll try to send one or two as an attachment to see if they go okay.  Individual files aren't  very big but together they're larger than what email will take in one big folder.

Trying to recall what the EWS page shows on the 5500 printer.  It used to have a function for adding media profiles.  Still does, correct?

HP Recommended

Yes, the printer page offers an upload of media profiles. I wonder what the media profile file extensions are, because it seems to look for pdf files.  We'll see.

Thanks for your offer of sending me some profiles!

HP Recommended

Hi,

for those who have the need for media profiles and find out that the link in the manual doesn't exist any more:

The HP support site asks you for your operating system and offers according drivers and software.

But they missed to copy the media profiles to the newer operating system folders.

So, just switch to "Win2003 Server" and you'll find about 19 compressed files with a full bunch of profiles.

Uli

HP Recommended

Thanks for updating the thread and posting the solution.  Will really help others looking for the same thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.