Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5200
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I would like to print large decals or wallpaper to be installed on painted block walls.

Where can I learn more about the proper ink and media? The application is for the walls of a school restroom. 

Thank you you in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Try hp latex printing technology and visit https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link. I need info relevant to the Z5200.  The latexprinting site seemed specific to a different printing technology. Am I wrong about that?

HP Recommended

Just paying attention that there isn’t wallpaper profile and media for your printer according specifications... most wallpapers are aplicable with water based solutions...

Otherwise Muramour wallpapers are good enough.

HP Recommended

I’m not sure I understand your reply. Are you saying that I can or that I cannot print wallpaper or wall art with the Z5200? If I can, is there a special ink I need? When you say most wallpapers are applicable with water-based solutions, does that mean they will work with my printer? I assume Muramour is a manufacturer whose wallpaper will work with my printer. 

Sorry to be obtuse, but I’m not familiar with this application of my printer. 

HP Recommended

My mistake is less use-word-explanation-of-problem  🙂 but let get to the point. This is full specs of your printer:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2010/graphexpo2010/HP_Designjet_Z5200_datasheet_US.pdf

You can't see a word wallpaper in there. That's why I said your printer cannot print on wallpaper by definition. As you can see in printer menus there is no profile for wallpaper and there is no HP wallpaper for your printer.

My point was - since the wallpapers are aplicated to the walls with water-based glues, printed image can be damaged during aplication. Inks used for your printer and most of the materials are not water resistant. Some of the materials must be overlaminated to last longer. 

However no one said you can't try 🙂 Ask you dealer/reseller for some wallpaper material suitable for printing and for the propper width of rolls (most rolls are wider and havier than printer can use). You may try to print on part of wallpaper and test to aplicate and see results before taking big steps 🙂

If there is something else - just ask. I'll try to help as much as I can 🙂

HP Recommended

The Designjet home page has great information and can help narrow down choices based on output you are looking to produce. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.