Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z9dr 44in

Hello,

I've a HP DesignJet Z9dr 44in printer which I'd hoped would be able to nest jobs sent to it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a setting on the device to do this. I understand this is possible using HP Click, however due to the way prints sent to in need to be charged, this is not a workable solution.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how it is achieved.

Many thanks,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Dan

Did you ever find out how to get this going? I’ve gotten as far as setting the Job management to nesting (optimized), but print jobs still come out side-by-side with a large area of unused paper on the side. The unused area is larger (wider) than the print itself, so there’s no good reason why nesting isn’t applied. 

Best regards,

Bjørn Edvard

HP Recommended

Dan,

Hello,

Page 71 of the user guide details turning nesting off and on and also options for margins etc.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06035577

Check the settings on the printer for margins.

Paul Elwin
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think both Dan and I have read said manual (at least I have), and we have both successfully turned on nesting, but print jobs are still coming out sequentially (without  nesting), one by one with lots of free horisontal space.

Sincerely,

Bjørn Edvard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.