Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200PS 44in Photo Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The PS3 printer will not print anything wider then 36".  When I enter the sizes in the custom size box in the printer driver,ie 42X 60,  it is changed to 36" X  60" when I hit ok, and it goes back to the Photoshop CC dialog box.  (Same issue in CorelDraw)

It works fine with the non postscript driver, but unfotunately it is not accurate enough for my purposes.

As a further issue, the PS3 driver will not print sheets.  It gives no error message, just ignores that a sheet has been loaded.

I have both issues on two computers, and have spent a number of hours with the HP heip desk in Costa Rica. wtih no results. ( remove and reinstal over and over again)   I have posted previously with no responses, I can't imagine I am the only one with these issues.   

Chris

I

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

you might forget to give a size name, also      save   ..    the size you entered.

for example, if your media is 44 " & want to print  40x60   

you pick   custom size,   give a name 44x60             then enter media width 44 , high   60   ,  in portrait mode.

also pick print qualiy on right side .

then click    save ...     ok    & return to print screen.... might takes few seconds... wait....

then you should be able to see  image lined up with media size you defined.

try & post result.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I follow all your recomendations flawlessly each time, however, as soon as the width is over 36", the size is changed back to 36" when it goes back to the print screen.  It does so weather in Photoshop CC or CorelDraw.  

The process is the same for the non- Postscript driver, and it works as you descriibe.  Unfortunately the size can be off by as much as .25" on large prints when not using the PS3 driver.

HP Recommended

if you always use the same size, simply go to printer property,

right click your printer   >   print preference   , then do the same as above,

make sure press     apply                 before exit.

It will save as default print size & all apps will have same setting.

Whenever I do a big print job & do it first, which make lots of time, efforts & less errors.

0.25 less around  is the margin... can not avoided.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.