03-01-2019 02:54 AM
HP Designjet 110 plus nr:
I've tried reloading the paper several times now. It keeps spitting out around 2 metres at a time with the flashing icon . Covered in the service manual https://shared.swissparts.ch/Manuals/HP/Plotter/HP%20Designjet%2030-111.pdf from 81.01. It's not showing an error code number; only the flashing icon.
It was not caused by a paper jam, last used it a week ago to print something. The flashing icon appeared today which from the service manual it seems bad, the manual states it could be almost every part :LaughingTears:.
It will print when loading A3 media from the front tray which gives me hope.
- Disconnecting power supply from lead when printer still on;
- Paper is fine; as spec'd - brand new roll;
- Connecting to computer via USB - printing A3 via flat tray fine;
Already Known Faults:
- I should mention that it prints 3 calibration pages upon start-up; indicating incorrect print head alignment, but it prints fine after this;
- The auto roll feeder at the back (I think that's what it's called) has no green light, or any coloured light. I'm wondering if this is not helping. Youtube video shows that failing of this roll feeder is common. Also I think this is hindering me when I'm trying to roll paper back. The manual states that pressing the button on the roll feeder should release tension & I should then be able to roll back the 20m sitting on the floor.
I considered arranging a technician to visit, but I would imagine that it would be replace the auto roll feeder, printheads & print assembly unit, where I may as well buy a new plotter for under £600.
Has anyone out there experienced this predicament?
03-01-2019 03:38 AM
OMG, OMG, I just managed to do an A1 print from a roll. I spent a whole day on this yesterday so please don't think I haven't tried as I seemed to solved this 10 mins after posting.
It has printed an A1 sheet, then the flashing icon appears again around near the end of the print, it then spits out another couple of metres and doesn't cut it.
03-01-2019 04:23 AM
Strange, it must be some sort of hardware issue.
- It starts up;
- Ejects 2/3 m;
- Flashes icon;
I'm pressing all sorts of combinations, sometimes the tick rolls back the roll and prints a test, or just rolls back a few metres on the roll. Sometimes the X ejects a few metres more.