Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T120
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a T120 that regularly prints Arch-D (24x36) pdfs from autocad. I've not had any issues for years. I've always just selected the same paper size and settings. I've always loaded a plain paper roll.

Today, I tried to do a routine print and kept getting the error Paper Mismatch the pdf requires "Generic Natural Tracing" paper but the roll is Plain Paper. I say Print Anyway but it prints a single strip and the rest of the page is blank. I assume there is software or hardware issues because I should be able to print a basic Autocad/PDF sheet on plain paper as I've always done. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This sounds like a print job issue. Any chance the print preferences were modified and your programs think that they want to print on the unexpected media? Or perhaps a program update has changed the defaults? What happens if you try to print the Windows test page or something from another program?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

From what I've been able to find, the problem is rooted in the way the Roll is being loaded. It either isn't pushed down all the way or dust/grim is preventing the Roll from being properly set after a new Roll is loaded. I have found I don't have the issue when I lift the Roll up and firmly push it back down. I also select the Paper as "Genetic Natural Tracing" even though it is just a regular Roll.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.