cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T520 plotter says 24" paper roll is 23.86" and unable to print 24" prints in correct orientation.

HP T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are using HP C1860A roll of 24" paper. We have never had this issue before. Since the printer says the paper is only 23.86 inches, we are unable to print our drawings in the correct orientation. I have loaded and unloaded and reloaded and unloaded... several times, same issue comes up. We've always used geniune HP paper that is recommended. 

Please help. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T520 plotter says 24" paper roll is 23.86" and unable to print 24" prints in correct orientation.

Good day,

Please grab a measuring tape and make sure the paper roll is in fact 24" wide, we've encountered instances in which the roll happened to be physically smaller, if this is the case, please engage your vendor for a replacement roll. 

I've seen rolls that measure 36.1 and got them to load as 35.8 and 35.7, by leaving a gap between the roll and the spindle pushing the roll all the way to the left.

When loading the paper:

• Make sure the roll is tight on the spindle.
  • Make sure there is no damage on the spindle
  • Make sure the spindle is tight on the supports, there should not be any gap between the spindle and right support nor the spindle and metal clip on the left.
  • Make sure the metal clip on the left is pushing the spindle to the right.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
29 29 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP Customer,

To resolve the issue, I recommend you update the printer firmware to AXP2CN1809AR version. This firmware will help printer to detect media more accurately. You may use the link below to downgrade and update the firmware. Steps on how to update the firmware are also available on same link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079

You may also clean the encoder strip as this will help printer detect the media width more accurately.

Regards,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation