Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

T770 44" hangs at 58%. I saw one other post for this. the solution appeared to be to "reseat" the formatter. Also, for the same post I saw the recommendation to pull ink and printheads and restart plotter and add one at a time to see whether one might be causing the problem.

I plan to:

1. clean formatter contacts and reseat the formatter later today and see what happens.

2. update firmware, if I can.

3. replace the hard drive if I have to--I'm not going to show up with a new hard drive today.

4. before hard drive replacement I may try to reset the EEROM--I don't even know if it's possible for this to rectify the problem.

Just my real quick thoughts, not sure I've thought through real well, heading to location this afternoon.

Thanks for any input.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Well, re. error 21.1:03 on T770, it turned out that the "new" main pca was bad (or maybe possibly the PSU was not providing the proper voltage. Don't know precisely. But I think it was the main pca--no 21.1:03 until the "new" replacement main pca was installed.). I replaced the emod with new emod and it works fine. Not sure why both main pca and PSU tested out fine for the technician; maybe not exhaustive testing; should've thrown up 21.1:03 for him too.

I'm sending the board back; hopefully he gives me full refund for DOA board.

Lesson learned: I should not have bought a separate main pca which normally comes from the factory in an emod--main pca & power supply unit. I asked whether it was "new"; I was told "yes". I suspect the board was pulled from a bad emod and resold or repair was attempted unsuccessfully and was then resold or.... My mistake.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

I would check out page 55 and 56 in the service manual that is in regards to the LED's on the formatter card, which ones are lit, not lit, or flashing may help pinpoint you in the right direction.

HP Recommended
OK, TJ, I'll check that out; saw that in manual but didn't think of it when I posted this. Thanks. I'm thinking a reseat will take care of this; I hope so.
HP Recommended
I have it from a reputable source that the problem is a bad main pca--not the hard drive, so that's what I'll try. Reseating the formatter did nothing, still hung at 58%.
HP Recommended
The main pca was bad. Replaced it and it was fine. For some reason, a few times afterwards, I got a 21.1:03 error having to do with the primer? pump. But after a few restarts it went away. Actually I shut it down, removed the ink cartridges, restarted it, and added the ink when prompted, then it didn't give the error again. Don't really know if there was any consequence to those steps or not.
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting the fix, I will file this one away for later reference.

HP Recommended
Well dang, replaced the main pca now the customer says can't print anything to the plotter. Am I missing something? Thought all should've remained the same. Again, did have 21.1:03 error but don't think related. Maybe the formatter needs to be reseated? don't know.
HP Recommended

Can you browse to its embedded web browser or ping it?  I hope it is just needing the connectivity info to be reprogrammed.

HP Recommended
TJ, would it be normal to have to reprogram the connection settings in the front panel after main pca replacement? I mean the correct IP address was right there on the front panel upon "ready" status.
HP Recommended
I'm away from the plotter right now.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.