Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I have a construction business and use this machine to print drawings, from which I use a scaler to roll off distances which are then put in the computer which prices the work.  For example a plan sent to me shows a 1/4' scale, ie  4 feet = 1 inch on the plan I print, or should be.  

Currently what should be one inch is printing it in roughly 15/16's of an inch.  An 80' distance is actually measuring 75.70' or about 95% of the actual distance.  That 5% error COSTS ME 5% more in labor and materials expense.  I just learned my plans were not printing right on an Autozone job I did, which we went over budget on!  

When I click print, the dialog box that pops up shows print options of Fit, Actual Size, Shrink Oversize pages or Custom Scale with round Select buttons, then a square Select button below which says Choose paper source by PDF paper size.  

I've been using Actual Size.  I tried the "Choose paper source..." box and it didn't even print the complete page, as if it had ran out of paper.  

Support online is not available at this point so that's how I came about this page.  
Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

do you print PDF Files ?

When printing using the Adobe Reader,

- do not use `paper source by PDF paper size'

- Use "print actual size"

- select the paper size manually

Check with your Business-Partner, IF the PDF actually IS made to scale!

When creating a PDF from CAD it may happen, that the user is using a fitting papersize but missing the margin.

Then it happens, that the "printed" PDF has 98% or 95% or less of the correct size.

TIPP:

Use the "HP Click" Printing Utility.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.