Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet Z6200
Microsoft Windows Server 2008

Have just started to get a message saying 'The maintenance cartridge is not new' after inserting a new cartridge just a week ago. Just to make sure it wasn't a faulty cartridge i inserted another new cartridge and got the same message. Now i am getting a message saying 'Printhead cleaning kit is full. Replace'.

Firmware version is the latest (03_06_00.8)

I have ran some diagnostics, ink level sensor calibration & Ink level sensor check and both have given me an error 79:04.

I have also tried a "file System' & 'Hard disk recovery'.

Hope you can help out on this,

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Had an issue on a Z6100 with the machine not recognizing the maintenance cartridge.  Here's a link to the thread.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Z6100PS-maintanence-...

Replacing the line sensor was cheap and easy.

Also, you might try doing a google search for the service manual online.  Very helpful.

Good luck.  Let us know what happens.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Had an issue on a Z6100 with the machine not recognizing the maintenance cartridge.  Here's a link to the thread.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Z6100PS-maintanence-...

Replacing the line sensor was cheap and easy.

Also, you might try doing a google search for the service manual online.  Very helpful.

Good luck.  Let us know what happens.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

G'day,

Spot on. I pulled out the line sensor and gave it a clean. Up and running again.

Thanks heaps,

Mick

HP Recommended

H had the same message after I replaced the maintenance cartridge.  I selected replace maintenance cartridge from the menu removed the one I just replaced and then put it back in.  Turned the plotter off and then back on and the message was gone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.