Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi, newbie to LF printing, longtime Epson P800/P600/R3000 printers here.

I am having GREAT difficulty removing a roll of 24" Canson Infinity Photosatin from my spindle. I cannot get the blue end cap off (this is a 3" core roll and I have the 3" adapters on). This still has a lot of paper on, so I can't get a good grip on the blue disk, and the 3" adapter seems to be aggressively holding onto the paper core. The blue plastic just won't move at all, no matter how I pull on it. I am reluctant to use any tools on this for fear of braking something. Any tips for physically changing the paper?

I suppose I should order a spare spindle and 3" adapters so I can have a different paper loaded on a second roll.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

C-Q, C-Q, Is anybody out there? Would really appreciate advice.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try removing the blue disk and  the media roll from the spindle. Then, insert the spindle tip inside the paper core again, biased to one of the sides, so that it hits the hub from inside the core. Use gentle touches to slowly move the blue hub out of the core.

I hope this helps.

M

I am a HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.