MEDIAMAKER
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen not calibrated properly

HP DesignJet T520 24”
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi I have a T520 DesignJet and it’s Touch Screen is really unresponsive in terms of calibration for instance if you want to select an item in a menu it will select the item above the one you touch, entering numbers or codes for WiFi it’s all over the place it will select the item to the left or item above where you touch.

i have updated it to the latest Firmware and I have done a HARD RESET

The service manual doesn’t show anything for Calibration menu, and I have been in the service menu to try and find a calibration function but can’t find it anywhere.

The printer is fantastic except for that which is a real pain.

Really really appreciate ideas and solutions and will ship out a Designer TShirt from my company to the winning solution 

4 REPLIES 4
MEDIAMAKER
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great that people respond come in guys someone must know
0 Kudos
TIY
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue; found no solution yet myself!

0 Kudos
MarsArtis
6 6 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, how did you perform the HARD RESET procedure?

For me what seemed to work is:

• press 4 times the back arrow to show the Support Menu
  • from there using the right/left arrows go to Resets and select Hard Reset press OK
  • it then asks for a PIN code: using UP/DOWN arrows you can scroll the number and with right/left you move on the variuous columns. Digit 3746.

I know have now a calibrated and responsive touch.

0 Kudos
Marcocur
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have followed in the past the reset steps described abovewith success, but right now the touch is so unresponsive and weird that I cannot scroll the pin numbers:  it always issue the OK instead of lettin me scroll the numbers.

I've already tried four of five times to unplug the power chord, wait minutes and long press the power button. And every time the touch behave almost the same.

Is there another way to hard reset issuing command via USB or ethernet?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation