03-20-2017 09:11 AM
I had to reformat and re-install OS on the computer controlling our Designjet Z6200 Photo (via USB, not network) and it is now running Windows 10 64 bit (latest updates).
Driver installation and HP Utility installation went fine; the computer can connect to the printer, and can print, at least a Windows test page.
However the "HP Utility" is necessary for our workflow, and it is not finding the printer.
When run it detects that the printer is installed on the computer, but after searching for a while it always says that the printer is unavailable. It appears from the progress indications while searching that it's looking on the network, not for locally connected computers.
The utility DID work under Windows 7. Is there some flag or setting to tell HP utility that the printer is connected via USB?
03-22-2017 09:39 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
If you encounter any printing issues like, printer is offline, no printing, print job disappeared, no printer found, scan issues etc, you can download the HP Print Scan doctor from HP website. It will diagnose and fix the problem for you.
Here is the link to it:
If you want to know what it can do.. read the document here:
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Have a nice day!
03-23-2017 09:36 AM
It turns out that the HP utility states (buried in the 'Fixes' tab!) that it doesn't work with USB in Windows 8 and 10. That's pretty pathetic, given that Windows 8 has been out since 2012 and wa sin beta for a long time before.
We ended up putting it on the network and the utility works, but that required us to make extra efforts for one teensy segment of our network to keep the printer form being used by unauthorized people.
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies