cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
31 17 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Updating firmware 500/800

HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Began the process of updating the printer firmware of a Designjet 500. I get a warning that the printers current firmware version must be A.02.06 or higher. The version on the printer is only A.02.05. Where do I go from here?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,376 4,365 511 685
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can download from HP firmware A.04.02 to upgrade your printer first, then upload to version A.05.01 but the only problem is that you need to run firmware A.04.02 upgrade from a Windows XP computer.

So if you have access to a computer with a Windows XP it's a 5-minute job.

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301  

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
31 17 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I clicked on the link you provided which goes to the "Software and Drivers" page but was unable to find the A.02.04 firmware upgrade there. Would you know where I can find the A.02.04 firmware upgrade?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,376 4,365 511 685
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The link is good, but you need to change it to a different OS choose Windows XP because your current running OS is automatically recognised.

dj500-800.png

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation