Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I am not sure what driver I use but I don't seem to be able to print at the size of my choice.

It doesn't matter what size I select (or create), I prints a tiny image.

Should I upload a different driver as suggested above?

Where can I find it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you try the driver suggested on the solution given?

Here is the link

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=60786&swItemId=pl_37410_7&swEnvOid=2100

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hello, The link is broken.
Where can I find the solution?

HP Recommended

Hi, here it is hopefully:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-1000-printer-series/24023/model/12609?...

The hp-gl/2 and postscript drivers are there.

Seclect XP or Vista 64 bit and click on "change".

HP Recommended

I tried the link that was posted last year (2016) and it doesn't work.

Could anyone please send me a new link?

Thanks,

Barry

HP Recommended

This is what I got:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000230 EndHTML:000002487 StartFragment:000000995 EndFragment:000002449 StartSelection:000000995 EndSelection:000002449 SourceURL:res://c:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2017\en-us\AcPltRes.dll/402

Job: - Canceled

Job ID: 1
Sheet set name:
Date and time started: 12/12/2017 10:54:11 AM
Date and time completed: 12/12/2017 10:54:11 AM
UserID: btheodore
Profile ID: BJT 09-07-16
Total sheets: 1
Sheets plotted: 0
Number of errors: 1
Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: - Canceled

File: C:\Carlson Projects\6004 STURBRIDGE TENNIS & BB COURT\BLOCKS\PROP FG 12-12-17.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name: BJT HP DesignJet 1050C by HP
Plot file path:
Paper size: Arch D - 24 x 36 in. (landscape)

ERROR: The device has reported an unknown error.

Thanks,
My emai is: btheodore@jhlynch.com

HP Recommended

Hi, apparently you are printing from Autocad 2017. As best I know Autocad 2015-17 (and probably other recent Autodesk software) are incompatible with the 1050C (105XcX and I think even the 500 & 800) at least in Win 10 (probably 8-10), maybe just simply incompatible, regardless of OS, not sure.

Real quick, as a work-around, I have had  a customer print to PDF file, and then print that PDF file from say Adobe Reader version DC (I think it is DC). This may make undesirable changes to the printout. I think I noticed that once with one customer for a Designjet 5500 (well, actually Eaglejet).

I will see if I can add anything else to this.

And thanks to the following website--thanks to "The Plotter Princess"; for work-arounds check this out in relation to Win 8 or later and recent version(s) of Autocad:

http://www.myolddesignjet.com/the-plotter-princess-blog/hp-designjet-plotter-drivers-windows-8-and-a...

HP Recommended

Printer is available in Windows 7.
Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will enable the printer.
But in Windows 10 (not upgraded from Windows 7), the printer does not work.
If you really need to use the printer on Windows 10, you can fix it by upgrading from Windows 7.

HP Recommended

i did a fresh install of the plotter on windows 10 when it asks for the driver click on down load additional drivers then select HP and find the 1050 C.  The main issue I had was getting the plotter to connect to my network, it will only work with a static Ip of 115.  so I had to setup a port with that address, set the static IP for it on the router.  Now the plotter works with limited success.  I print CAD files to PDF and print them.  It will not print jpeg files from a photo viewer but it iwll print directly from Microsoft word.  It's all a bit weird but at least I can still use it.  I also convert pictures to pdf to print.  

HP Recommended

I've not been able to print jpegs either.  Still trying to figure that one out.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.