Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp570

I've been using the L26500 for years without any problems at all, printing on paper, but after HP discontinued the consumables I found myself looking for another printer. I was so close to getting a roland, but after looking at the 570 I thought the cheap 3Lt ink tanks would pay for itself so I went a head and bought one. I have a good 200 gsm satin cellulose based paper that is amazingly cheap and creates excellent posters, but after switching to the 570 it has become unprintable at any sort of quality I require, the zig zag wrinkles that develop all the way up the print are ridiculous and no other hp printer I've owned has had this problem. If HP had said that this printer is incapable of printing on paper then I wouldn't have bought it.

I've seen other people with this exact problem on this forum with no fixes coming from HP, honestly HP should consider recalling this useless printer. Imagine a printer that can't print on paper?? For 50K this thing should do your dishes as well.

I've literally tried every single variation of settings and nothing works. The only thing that works is to put the colour down to 70% so you end up getting washed out unsellable posters. I feel like taking a sledgehammer to this thing. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Wait. Don't take a hammer yet. Can You sent a picture of the issue?

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@TylerJ1 

@Jorge70  is right - no need for a hammer yet.

Also, Latex printers have their own website support option:

HP Latex Printer Knowledge Center

That said,

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look.
  • Please know that because our Community is not HP Technical Support, we are not a direct conduit to HP.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 
  • Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims.

Note to those reading:

• Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site places your privacy at risk from scammers.

Printer / Plotter Homepage

HP Latex 570 Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I've attached some images as well as a youtube video.

2020-06-02 09.18.21.jpg2020-06-02 09.12.17.jpg

HP Recommended

Also the only sort of work around where I get just usable prints is where I have the heat setting set at 116 degrees, vacuum set at around 75-80 and use 16 passes at 110% This gives the paper time to climatise because there's no heater before the curing section. If I use any other setting the zig zag wrinkles totally ruin the print, I'm still getting some wrinkles but they are less noticeable, using higher passes might fix this, but 16 passes is already slow enough. I've tried using the protective cover that covers the curing unit with no further success.

HP Recommended

Have you tried making your own ICC profile for this type of paper?. If no, Try. Internet have many tips. 

HP Recommended

After changing technology of curing inks (adding optimizer ink), printing on paper is a nightmare. You have to use different paper and settings for it to print properly...like instead of HP paper, (we use Jetcoat 200gsm or 150 gsm) but when paper is 137cm wide, problems are the same...and all you can try is using platen protectors used for thinner materials like textile or lower temperature with lower passes like 10 or 8 not leaving paper long exposed to the heaters...

HP Recommended

In the end I had to go to a polypropylene synthetic paper, it's double the price, but if it means I don't have to worry about ruining an entire run of prints it's worth it. I just wish HP would state this printer is only for synthetic materials.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.